Written on: March 27, 2023
In a challenging economic climate, it’s important to manage costs while maintaining the quality and service your customers expect. That’s why you should know all the ways commercial propane can make a difference for your small business.
From hospitality, to landscaping and agriculture, to manufacturing, construction and warehousing, commercial propane can help you provide value to your customers without hurting your bottom line.
Pico Propane can help you make the most of propane for your business right here in South Florida. Here are 20 great reasons to use propane in your business operations:
1. Propane is proven to be better for the environment than other alternative fuel sources—and that’s becoming more of a differentiator to customers with each passing day.
2. Compared to other heating fuels, including electricity, propane heats quickly and burns cleanly, and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.
3. Propane costs on average 2.5 times less per Btu than heating with electricity, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
4. Propane is nontoxic and can’t harm soil or groundwater in the rare event of a leak.
5. Propane has a very narrow range of flammability.
6. Professional chefs prefer gas for cooking. It’s true! Nearly 96% of them.
7. Food trucks and caterers can easily use propane to power mobile kitchens.
8. Hotels, spas, hospitals, and nursing facilities all benefit from propane for cooking, water heating and space heating. Further, it keeps their bottom line strong when used for industrial washers and clothes dryers, too.
9. Resorts and country clubs use propane for everything from commercial kitchens groundskeeping equipment.
10. Restaurants and hotels can utilize propane from the back of the house to the front; from cooking to outdoor space heaters and firepits!
11. Clean-burning propane can power much of your landscaping and agricultural equipment, from commercial mowers to irrigation engines.
12. Propane is efficient for heating, and provides consistent heat ideal for warming livestock barns, hatcheries, and greenhouses.
13. Powering flame weeders with propane helps deliver effective, organic weed control.
14. Propane is an ideal fuel for crop drying.
Propane fueled forklifts will keep your warehouse, construction, or industrial facilities running smoothly with less downtime. Here are just a few of the advantages:
15. Propane-fueled forklifts can be used outdoors in wet conditions, unlike electric-powered forklifts.
16. Propane-powered forklifts will operate at 100% power as long as there’s propane in the cylinder. An electric forklift loses power as the battery drains.
17. Refueling is quick and easy with replaceable cylinders and our convenient cylinder exchange service. Recharging an electric forklift takes equipment out of service for hours, slowing down operations.
18. Propane-powered forklifts also handle heavy loads better and are more capable when it comes to inclines.
19. In addition to forklifts, propane can be used to power a wide range of equipment, including welding equipment, asphalt heaters, concrete grinders, saws, polishers, trowels, and dust extractors, pressure washers, small cranes, water pumps, floor buffers and more.
20. Propane puts less wear on equipment, keeping it out of the shop and keeping your operations running smoothly.
Pico Propane is known for our customer service and a real understanding of all our customers’ needs—both residential and commercial. We’re committed to providing our clients with the most dependable propane service in the Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and Homestead areas. Not only that, but we also have fair, transparent pricing so there are no surprises for you.
Contact us today for more information.